Civil Society Involvement in Drug Policy
CSI Conference 2018
In 2018, a conference on civil society involvement in drug policy will be organised in Brussels.
The Regenboog Group (RG) is the main applicant of the project.
RG is an Amsterdam-based NGO committed to people with social problems, such as homelessness, drug and alcohol use and psychiatric disorders. RG is the host of Correlation – European Network Social Inclusion & Health.
The Centre for Interdisciplinary Addiction Research of the Hamburg University (ZIS)
has a sound record of successfully implemented projects on national, European and international level.
The ZIS conducts practice-oriented research in the field of drug policy, drug treatment, harm reduction, monitoring and health promotion for a variety of vulnerable groups such as prisoners, sex workers, women, ageing drug users. It also organises conferences, capacity building seminars and provides education to health professionals.
Apdes (Portugal), Ana Liffey (Ireland), Droghe Forum (Italy), Lila (Italy), Initiative of Health (Bulgaria)
are all leading CSOs in their country, working with marginalized groups and people and engaging in political dialogue.
- Ana Liffey also provides the chair of the civil society working group in the current CSF on Drugs.
- Lila provided the co-chair of the Civil society Forum on HIV/AIDS.
is a research institute in Slovenia, engaged in national and European projects, also chairing the working group on quality standards at the Civil society Forum on Drugs.
A number of relevant European Networks support the activities:
- European Civil Society Forum on Drugs
- European Civil Society Forum on HIV/AIDS
- International Drug Policy Consortium
- Harm Reduction International (European Harm Reduction Network),
- European Network of People Who Use Drugs
- European AIDS Treatment Group
Civil Society Involvement in Drug Policy (CSIDP)
c/o Foundation De REGENBOOG GROEP
tel. +31 20 570 7826 (direct)
1013 GE Amsterdam
Co-funded by the European Union